Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Phase 1 - Day 3

I had a blast today hanging out with one of my best girl friends! Alright, a quick report and then my pillow is calling my name...

Food:
Today was unusual in that I wasn't home for most of it, and I ate the majority of meals with my friend. Now, I didn't practice the Rule #3, because I was too busy having fun chatting and giggling. I don't know how your supposed to eat consciously while being sociable, because I still need to close my eyes for it to work. Still, I ate very small meals, following all the other rules, and I had a total of 5 meals. I was hungrier today, yet with the fun of visiting and not stuffing myself, I still ate less than normal. I've never had much luck cutting back on portions before, so I'm almost waiting for the other shoe to drop...

I should probably also mention that my meals were a mix of super healthy and super decadent: raisin bran with almond milk, pizza, pizza, skinny greens, and homemade mac & cheese. I had planned to eat more raisin bran for dinner, but my mouth just really really wanted mac & cheese, which is ridiculous before bed. I had to wrestle with myself to follow Rule #2 because "I know better". With all that I know and as well-behaved as I've been with my diet all these years, you'd think I'd be a bean pole!


Exercise:
Today I waited til right before bed to do my yoga, which made me nervous all day that I might miss it. I really prefer to start the day with exercise, because then no matter how the day goes, I start out feeling like a winner! I did the same video as yesterday, Yoga Zone #4, and it was actually easier. Woot! I'm still having to modify like crazy because my joints feel like they've rusted shut, but it was easier to breath and I could move further into the poses. One of the strangest things I've noticed about yoga is that when the muscle loosens, or strengthens, it does so without any soreness the next day. I was enjoying myself so much I ended up practicing for 33 minutes. I know, hold me back;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how I sleep tonight, because I did sleep a bit better last night, and woke up with noticably less pain this morning. I hope it's the yoga and not just a fluke, because I know where I can get more yoga!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Shape of Beauty. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino