Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 2 Weigh-in

Weekly overview
I had a rough week. I was sick nearly the whole time and only started to rally the last couple of days. It kinda feels like I'm starting over, and today is the first real day of my resolution.

What the numbers mean: In measuring my chest, I measure the upper chest, across the bosom, and then the upper ribcage. I have found this to be a much more accurate assessment of the area, since the bosom number can change drastically depending on which bra you wear. The arm measurement is right across the apex of of the bicep, both relaxed and flexed. I thought it would be fun to see the how the numbers would change in relation to each other as I lose fat and build muscle. Also, I believe my bodyfat scale is being overly optimistic about my percentage of fat. I'm certain it's much closer to 40-45%. But even though it's inaccurate, it is measurable. And it's the only scale I got, so it'll have to do.


Chest     39.25"     44.125"     35.125"
Arm       R12"     F12.75"
Waist     36.5"

Hip       45"
Thigh   26"
Calf      15"

#     179.2#  
%    35.4%
Lean #     115.8#
Fat #         63.4#

Average steps/day: 6200


Resolution for next week
Hey, my numbers went down! But it's important I don't freak out, and veer toward any extreme. Besides time will tell if this is a blip, or a trend. I will continue to build on my three habits!

1 - Go to bed on time - get plenty of sleep!
I have been getting enough sleep the last couple of days; I'm just in the wrong time zone. Bedtime is 8, not midnight!!! If I just go to bed one hour earlier every night, I'll be back on track shortly. Starting tomorrow night:)

2 - 30 min of non-strenuous, therapeutic exercise daily - physical therapy, gentle yoga, walking
I have so much residual tension from coughing that I would really benefit from doing at least an hour a day... but 30 minutes minimum - no excuses!

3 - Follow the 4 Golden Rules of Eating
Even though I absolutely LOVE how I feel when I follow the rules, I still struggle with my old habits like eating emotionally, eating  while distracted by reading or tv, ignoring early hunger signal and getting too hungry. And trying to outsmart my appetite my doing healthy food substitutions. If I was so smart, then why aren't I already thin and healthy?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Shape of Beauty. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino