Monday, January 23, 2012

Sitting Pretty

I realized as I was driving to the orthodontist today that I felt PRETTY. It was such a strange feeling! I wasn't fantasizing that I'm 50 pounds lighter, or pretending to be someone else... I just simply felt attractive. 

I think this must be the result of intentionally practicing acceptance for myself, and not allowing my brain to get into a mode of criticism, or even just focusing on what I lack: what I don't have and what I'm not doing. Instead I'm focusing on smart things, small behaviors that add up to a lifestyle of good living. And I'm more focused on being grateful for what I do have, what I can do, appreciating who and where I am today. 

And as far as following my plan, HA! I am probably only accomplishing half of what I had intended. I am not adhering to my plan with any notion of perfection. In fact I have been slacking, and yet I am still yielding all these marvelous results! And in this latest result is a rather startling one. 

To sit here and to have this just wash over me, this marvelous feeling of being valuable, acceptable and attractive is completely wonderful. I am filled with this delightful sense of possibility and energy. It's somewhat similar to that feeling you get when you have a crush, or have just been deeply flattered or when you fall in love. It's a low-grade euphoria. I can't imagine how it must be to feel like this every day, but 'sitting pretty' is pretty awesome - I hope it stays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Shape of Beauty. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino