Sunday, January 1, 2012

Where it all began...

Happy 2012!

Well, a new year and new resolutions! We all want to be skinnier, happier, and more successful by this time next year, right?.... but that doesn't happen without a plan, written goals, and focus. A big thing for me is also accountability - hence, my foray into the world of blogging! I wanted a place to track my health and fitness goals for the new year; this will be an intensely personal journal of my journey back into wellness and health. I'll be delighted to have some friends along to share this journey with me, but I didn't certainly start this blog to become wealthy or famous:)

The name: The Shape of Beauty was born from my desire to recognize the quality of life that can be crafted from wise decisions, moving more gracefully into a lifestyle of nurturing, gratitude, and self-acceptance - in every shape and size. This won't be a Biggest Loser style approach. I've done that. Over and over and over... And I'm really stubborn so I usually stick with it for a good long while before pooping out. Instead, I intend to sneak up on my fitness in order to avoid crashing and burning again:)

I will free myself from restrictive goals like "Get skinny, or else!" cuz I sure have learned over the last few years that I can be FAT and still have FUN! But what I really REALLY want is FREEDOM!!! Free to feel good about myself. Free to get up in the morning feeling whole and healthy. Free to explore this wonderful world and not be held back because I'm out of shape!


Sounds great doesn't it? Let's get started, right NOW!!!  

4 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats on starting your first blog! I get to be the first commenter. ;) Good luck for all of your goals!

Heather-Lin said...

YAY!!! Thanks Dave! Your wonderful garden blog has been such an inspiration to me:)

Myrrapen said...

Woot!! You RAWK!!

Heather-Lin said...

Thanks Sweety! You RAWK too - you're the one gonna take those daily walks with me:)

Post a Comment

 
The Shape of Beauty. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino