Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Phase 1 - Day 4

Hallelujah, I finally got enough sleep! It took me a while to recover from staying up late for New Years - I guess I'm not a youngster anymore.

Food:
I did so well today!!! Until dinner, that is. I made up for yesterday by being super attentive while eating. I was again really surprised that my interest in the food changes noticeably between bites, and that so far it has been an excellent indicator of when to stop eating. I don't feel full in my tummy but maybe, just maybe, I can begin to trust my mouth to tell me when to stop?

Now, I guess I got cocky or something during dinner. I was eating quietly, focusing on every bite with my eyes closed while chewing... and then I got distracted by some random exciting thought, and I didn't even realize I was in this haze until I hit the bottom of the bowl! And you know what? Within 10 minutes I felt uncomfortably sloshy, and my energy was dulled. Most astonishing was how much I hated how I felt - and this used to be NORMAL! I'm so motivated now. No matter what dietary changes I may make in the future, perhaps going vegan or counting calories, I will strive to stay within the comfort zone on the hunger scale, and continue eating consciously.

Exercise:
Once again yoga with my fav Hulu program: YZ#4. I really love yoga! In fact, I'd been looking forward to practicing all day, and even thinking how nice it would be to bookend my day with yoga, upon waking and before bed.... Its been a long time since I was a gym rat, and here I am fantasizing about exercise! After only practicing twice before, I can feel how much stronger my back is:) This is one case where "No Pain = No Pain"! I'm really tempted to do some marathon yoga this weekend just to treat myself. After several months of being "too busy" to do any yoga, now I feel starved for it.

PS: I'm not doing any of this lose weight yet, but my jeans were suspiciously easy to zip this morning:D It'll be interesting to see what the stats are this weekend when I do my first ever Check-In.

Cheers for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Shape of Beauty. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino