Saturday, January 7, 2012

Phase 1 - Day 7


Last night I started coughing, and it was very hard to sleep. I feel weak and crummy. Not the way I prefer to start a Saturday:(


Food
It was another day for soup. Chicken noodle with lots of mixed veggies, and potato soup with lots of extra veggies too. Total comfort food. And this amazing thing happens when I'm eating: I feel better. I know it's just endorphins, but it always feels like magic. My nose stops running, my throat eases, and I have this sense of well being. Is it no wonder that people like me use food as "medicine" for when we feel down? Macaroni and cheese can be downright narcotic! I'm learning to not be an emotional eater, but I think it is something I'll always have to be careful of.

My only regret was that my soup wasn't homemade, so it was full of salt. Tomorrow is my first official weigh-in and progress report, and I know I'm going to be retaining lots of water. On the plus side, that should make week 2 weigh-in something to look forward to.

Exercise
Ha! I got winded just walking around, so my yoga consisted of sitting there trying to breathe until my Honey took pity on me and offered me a massage. I seriously love this man! So 10 minutes of yoga + 50 minutes of massage = best workout I've had all week;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Shape of Beauty. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino