Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4 Weigh-in

Weekly overview
I was one stressed out, busy girl for a second week in a row. Compliance to everything was way down, but I'm not discouraged. After all, I'm aiming at progress, not perfection.

What the numbers mean: In measuring my chest, I measure the upper chest, across the bosom, and then the upper ribcage. I have found this to be a much more accurate assessment of the area, since the bosom number can change drastically depending on which bra is worn. The arm measurement is right across the apex of of the bicep, both relaxed and flexed. I thought it would be fun to see the how the numbers would change in relation to each other as I lose fat and build muscle. Also, I believe my bodyfat scale is being overly optimistic about my percentage of fat. I'm certain it's off by 5-10%. So even though it's inaccurate, it IS measurable. And it's the only scale I've got, so it'll have to do.


Chest     38.625"     43.5"     35"
Arm       R12.5"     F13"
Waist     35" 
Hip        44.75"
Thigh    26.125"
Calf       15"

#     177#  
%    34.2%
Lean #     116.5#
Fat #         60.5#

Average steps/day: 6750


Resolution for next week
I did NOT expect my numbers to improve again this week, and so drastically! Wouldn't you know it - the first time I start a fitness plan where I don't care if I gain or not, and here I am losing real fat!!! I have noticed my jeans fitting better the last couple weeks:D The bodyfat scale tells me  I've lost 5# of fat in three weeks. Unbelievable. WOOT!!! And I haven't broken a sweat, or gone hungry, or eaten a bowl of sticks and bugs...

So, you know what comes next: I will continue to build on my three habits! Even thought I'm super excited, and I want to go outside and run a couple miles... I will not freak out, I will not go running, and I will not celebrate by eating cheesecake. Unless I'm really really craving cheesecake, which thankfully I'm not. Now I need to go think of anything but cheesecake before that changes!

1 - Go to bed on time - get plenty of sleep!
I've been really disappointed with myself over this habit. I think I'm going to start reporting my bedtimes and hours slept. I'm finding that if I have to tattle on myself, I'll be that much more motivated to act like a grown-up, and just do what I'm supposed to. So go to bed on time!

2 - 30 min of non-strenuous, therapeutic exercise daily - physical therapy, gentle yoga, walking
It seems pretty clear to me that I do better with an hour a day, but I'm going to keep the minimum the same in order to avoid rebellion.


3 - Follow the 4 Golden Rules of Eating
I want to get back into eating consciously! Really proud of how well I'm doing Rules 1, 2, and 4!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Shape of Beauty. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino